Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Getting the hang of things....

Yesterday, my oldest daughter did something I have never done, she went to camp. She is old enough to go to camp. Where has the time gone? Anyways, she went to a Christian camp not far from where we live. We dropped her off yesterday morning and then I went and picked her up this morning. A full 24 hours. I don't think she missed us at all. Her bestie, Hannah, was there with her and some other friends from church so she wasn't alone. I asked Lauren about her activities and the most I got out of her was the fact they sang some songs and went swimming. As I type this, she is zonked out.....camp took a lot out of her.

Now, Claire cried the entire way home yesterday after dropping Lauren off. She wanted to stay at camp but she gets to go to the preschool program that starts next week. I know she is ready for that. It is nature based and she loves anything that has to do with going outside. She finally calmed down when I promised her I would take her swimming which we did and then she didn't even get in the water that much. She missed her big sister.

Brooke is doing so well and growing like a weed. I think we are going through a growth spurt. The newborn diapers aren't fitting that well anymore and we are slowly getting out of the newborn outfits (not that I had that many to begin with.) She is having more periods of wakefulness and the other night when she decided to stay awake from 2am to 4am, she was trying to talk and looking at her hand. I even got a smile or two from her. AND, she has started holding her head up on her own, she looks like a turtle:). She is too little to be doing that already. We are mainly bottle feeding her now. I still try to nurse but she just doesn't stay latched on long enough for the goods to start flowing and then she gets frustrated. I feel like a dairy cow, pumping at regular intervals. At least I know that she is still getting my milk. She just wakes up once a night, usually between 2 and 3 am and then wakes up at around 6-6:30am. For the past two mornings, Mark has fed her and let me go back to sleep (after I pump) and then she goes back to down. I can't complain one bit about this baby. She is so sweet and only cries when she is hungry. We are definitely blessed this third time around.

Lauren and Claire are still doing okay with her. Lauren is getting better and Claire just goes about her business as usual. I find that I can't always get things done when I want too but hey, it's okay, things will eventually get done. I was hanging out clothes this afternoon (and praying that the dog doesn't tear them down again :/) and thinking to myself, I have 3 daughters. It is still hard to believe sometimes that we have 3 kids. The only thing that has really changed, other than the fact that I'm constantly changing diapers and pumping, is it takes just a little longer to get out the door to go somewhere. I haven't figured that part out just yet. It's a good thing it's summer:). We are getting the hang of things........


No comments:

Post a Comment