Thursday, June 2, 2011

She's Here!!!!

Hello to everyone, I have an announcement to make....Brooke Averie McCain is here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, after a canceled surgery and multiple dates for induction, she made her debut (I was induced) Friday night, May 27, after about 10 hours of labor and 10 minutes of pushing (and for that I am definitely thankful for:). She weighed 8 pounds, 8 ounces and 21 inches long. Right smack dab in the middle of her sisters. Lauren was 8lbs., 7 ozs. and Claire 9 lbs even. Brooke is the same length as Lauren was when she was born. What can I say, I grow them big!!

We are doing okay. The first 24 hours were a little rough. Brooke swallowed a lot of amniotic fluid during her "flight" into the world and didn't want to eat. We had a few episodes of her choking and spitting up stuff. The nurses eventually had to suction out her tummy and got rid of all that excess goop.

She has dark hair:) and most likely will have dark eyes:). I'm so excited about that!! Finally a child with my coloring. She is the sweetest thing and I could eat her up!

We came home on Sunday and she has the jaundice. Right this moment she is comfortably tanning in her bassinet, my little glow worm. Hopefully, a few more days of this and we'll be home free.

We are having some issues nursing but I'm going to persevere. She is lazy, she can latch on but doesn't stay that way and then gets mad when my milk doesn't come and then she throws a little fit and then goes to sleep. I've had to start pumping and giving her a bottle but as long as she is getting my milk, I'm fine with that. She can nurse, she just doesn't want to put forth the effort:).

We are adjusting to the new one. Lauren and Claire love their baby sister and I'm so thankful for that. We have been blessed with a beautiful baby and we couldn't be more happy. Our family of four is now a family of five with 3 beautiful, precious girls and the magic has just begun!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. 10 minutes of pushing??? I'm jealous! Maybe she'll be your mini me and keep your hair and eyes. I'm sure things will improve and she'll nurse like a champ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everyone is doing well and hopefully she won't need the light for much longer. I have been having comment issues but read where it seems to be an IE issue so hopefully this will work! I know your girls are just crazy over their little sister.

    ReplyDelete