Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's Been A While....

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted. We've been busy here at the Magic McCain's. We just got back from the beach this past Sunday. We went to Kill Devil Hills/Kitty Hawk for a week. We had a great time!! A real vacation. We went to bed late, slept late, stayed in our jammies most of the day, went to the beach late and ate, ate, ate!! It was awesome! I had some extra hands as well to help me with my girls. We brought our niece, Cambridge, this year with us to help with Brooke (and with the big girls.) She was awesome! Anything I asked her to do, she did!! I want her to come live with us!!

Brooke did really well in her new surroundings. We put her in a pack n play for bedtime with her snuggle nest and she slept just like she does at home. At the beginning of the week, she looked so small in the pack n play but by the end of the week we were questioning was she still going to fit in the bassinet. She had a growth spurt while we were gone!

Summer is definitely flying by way too fast and in just a few weeks I'll be done with maternity leave. I'll be back to working every other weekend night shift. Hopefully by that time, Brooke will be sleeping through the night. Mark doesn't do well without sleep (neither do I but that's neither here nor there.)

Brooke is 2 months old today and I just can't believe it. She is smiling and cooing and trying to make a laughing sound. It sounds more like she is sucking in air. She definitely has a mind of her own, she lets you know when she isn't happy. She has a high pitched squeal that comes out when we don't move fast enough for her, meaning feeding her, picking her up. She is wearing size 3-6 months, still a few 0-3 if they are two pieces. She wears a size 1 huggies diaper but not in the pampers baby dry (those are way too little) so she is in between a size 1 and size 2 diaper. She still has blue eyes but they haven't gotten any lighter and she hasn't lost any of her hair!! We had the baby acne that started at 4 weeks but it only last about two weeks. For the most part she is sleeping through the night. I started putting her on her tummy (I know, I know, bad mama) and she slept through the night both times. She'll nurse on occasion if I'm feeling up to the challenge but she still takes her bottles like a champ. She's up to about 5 ounces each feeding and I still feel like a dairy farm! I need to sell some of my milk, or so my husband says.

Claire is doing great, just being Claire. She's been going to a preschool program sponsered by Quaker Lake and having a great time. She's enjoyed being at home this summer and slumbering with her sister (meaning staying the night in Lauren's room. She needs to get used to that, she'll probably be moving in there before too long.) She likes to carry around a pad and pencil so she can write her "lists." She is so precious.

Lauren is definitely enjoying her summer. Staying up way late and sleeping way late. She is her mother's daughter. We had great news today! She had her yearly eye doctor's appointment and our optometrist says she is ready for contacts!! What good news! She has been begging for contacts for 6 months. She looks adorable in her glasses but I understand the want to not wear them anymore. So her trial pair will be here in about a week and then she'll go for a fitting and be taught how to put them in. I'm so excited for her!!

Our next adventure will be to plan for Lauren's 7th birthday. She wants a friend pool party, a family party, and then a visit to the local water park. I'm gung ho about the first two, not so much about the latter. I worked at said water park while I was in college and I personally am not a fan. But, being that is the only thing she has asked for for her birthday, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and take her. She also is going to be getting her ears pierced this birthday. This 7th birthday is going to be monumental!!!

Here's to a busy end of July and crazy busy August!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm constantly amazed at how busy we stay with just our everyday activities and homeschooling. I'm not sure what I'll do when Awana, children's choir and dance classes start.

    ReplyDelete