Thursday, August 25, 2011

A whole bunch of stuff...



Lauren on her first day of 2nd grade
Today is the first day of school here at the Magic McCain's. Lauren is a big 2nd grader. Gosh, I can't believe it. She went to bed a little teary eyed last night, worrying about failing and getting in trouble with her dad, and school hasn't even started. She is growing up way too fast for me. She is getting out of that little girl stage and I can't stand it. She looked so grown up this morning with her pretty new outfit and ears pierced.

I had the girls pictures done this week. Can I just say awesome!!! Lauren and Claire did great and so did Brookie!! She was all slobber and tongue showing for most of the pics because she was "talking" but we got tons of smiles from her too!! She is 3 months old....whew, that flew by!

I posted this on fb but I'm going to elaborate on here a little more. It was Tuesday when I had the girls pics done. I worked this past weekend for the first time since Brooke was born. Now for those of you who know me, Tuesdays are usually my recoup days. I'm not good for much of anything on that day cause I'm trying to play catch up. Well, I only got a couple of hours sleep on Monday. I woke up on Tuesday at 11am (and yes, all 3 of my children slept that late!!). Our appointment was at 1:10pm. Needless to say I started in high gear. Had to iron all of their clothes, pump, get everything together, get the girls ready, feed the baby and take a shower. Thank goodness I had my Lauren. She and Claire got their own clothes on while I gave Brooke a bath and then Lauren fed Brooke while I took a shower. I did not fix my hair or put on good makeup. Mama's can get away with that sometimes;). Then we went and picked up my niece, Cambridge, so she could help me out. We made it on time for the pics, praise the Lord!! Well, after the pics were done, we ate at the best ice cream place and we all did a little shopping. While helping Cambridge decide about some clothes, there was a lady in the dressing room with her two daughters, who were about 13 and 15. They were getting school clothes. This lady turns to me and says, "Excuse me, but I think you are so beautiful. You should be a model, you are so pretty." I'm sure my jaw dropped 15 feet! I had to ask her if she was talking about me and she said yes! I touched her on the shoulder and said thank you and that she had made my day. Now, let me tell you I was looking some kind of rough. My hair was crazy frizzy, my clothes looked bad and no makeup. That lady made me feel so good!!! It's been a long time since I had someone other than family tell me that and you know, it really made this tired, fat, losing hair, face breaking out, stressed a little mama feel really special! Maybe I still have it....

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful and do still have it! Love the pictures...I need to go check on FB and see if you have posted more because if so, I missed them.

    ReplyDelete