Friday, July 27, 2012

The First Weight In....

Last Friday I joined WW online.  I downloaded the apps to my phone and set to counting points.  This new PointsPlus plan they have now is AWESOME!!  Bananas are a free food now, score!  It was easy getting back into the swing of things.  The one thing that I had to really cut back on was creamer in my coffee...that was traumatic.  I love me some creamer but not 10 points worth!!

I ate out 3 nights this week and was still able to make good choices. We had a birthday party at work for a coworker and there was awesome cake and goodies and I didn't eat a thing!!!  I even exercised 3 times this week.   That was good as well considering I haven't done that in a good long while.

Anyways, for the weigh in.  I don't have a digital scale but I'm going to get one later on today.  I need to know even if I lose 2 tenths of a pound, it's still a loss.  So, this week I lost 6 pounds!!!!!  I'm so excited!!!  I haven't weighed this in over a year, 14 months exactly today:)  Happy 14 Month Birthday Brookie!!  I'm stoked.  This is really going to work for me.  Mark has been very encouraging as well as the rest of my family.  My coworkers have too and my friends that know I've started have been too.  I need as much encouragement as possible!!!

I'm going to do this.  I made it the first week and that was after going to a birthday party with pizza, working night shift, eating out 3 nights, and birthday party at work.  I can say no to things I don't need and I can resist temptation.  I just have to remember that this weight loss journey is going to take a while, it's not going to come off over night.  But, losing 6lbs. this week has helped with my determination.  That is a great start and I just need to keep going.  I know as the weeks go by I won't lose quite as much each time but even a little bit lost is still a loss!

Here's to happy counting!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and hopefully next week, success will be great again!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! So proud of you!
    I never had the chance to comment on your last post, but I eat for the same reasons that you do, so I understand what you deal with. I managed to exercise 3 times this week and cut out snacking too.

    ReplyDelete